Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Sun Will Rise


    This is not a Wizard 101 post but I personally believe that this may be the most important post I have ever written. Many of us have been bullied and even if you haven't chances are you know someone who has been. Recently I saw a video titled "Making The Bus Monitor Cry" (I will not post a link because the video is horrible and contains inappropriate language). This video shocked me, stunned me, and broke my heart. I have never seen a group of children bully someone else so extensively. These children tormented an elderly lady named Karen Klein to the point of her crying. They teased her about her weight, her age , and even her economical status. Another thing that shocked me is that NO ONE stood up for her. This sort of think happens everyday throughout the world and very little attention is brought to this major issue over a long period of time. To all the Wizards out there, remember you are not the only person in this world with emotions. Behind the computer screen there are real people. No one deserves to be treated in such a manner. Karen makes very little money and she works diligently on her job but the kids still treat her this way. Here is a site where you can donate money to Karen to let her take a well deserved vacation or retire. If you or someone you know is being bullied don't sit there and let it happen take a stand and help them or tell an adult. If you are being bullied right now remember that you are not alone and that there will always be someone there for you no matter how bad things may seem. And to Karen, I applaude you on the way you handled the situation you are a remarkable woman and I hope for your well being in the future. "The sun will rise."

1 comment:

Please be nice when commenting and do not disregard others because of their personal opinions. Thank you!-Connor Mistblade